A Wednesday fire near Fritch rekindled on Thursday afternoon.
In Thursday's edition of the Borger News-Herald, a report was made a large structure fire on the 300 block of Fritch Drive broke out Wednesday morning. The fire then rekindled on Thursday at noon and was extinguished at 1:30 p.m.
The fire on Wednesday brought harm to a local man, Rick Lafosse, 61, of Fritch, who suffered from serious burn injuries on his head, neck, and face and smoke inhalation. At press time, Lafosse was transported by LifeStar to the Lubbock Burn Unit where he is in critical condition. According to Hutchinson County Fire Marshal Danny Richards, relatives of Lafoss stated he is making a recovery and in stable condition.
The firefighter that suffered from heat exhaustion, smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning was sent to GPCH for treatment where he was later released.
After investigation of the fire, Richards suspects the fire stared in the bedroom area and then spread throughout the house.
“Lafosse was taking Oxygen treatments, which helped the fire spread more rapidly and explains his injuries to the head area,” he said.
The home was a total loss and the fire caused around $80,000 to $100,000 worth of damage.