On Monday evening, the Cochise College Apaches from Arizona took advantage of 16 first half turnovers committed by the Frank Phillips College Lady Plainsmen to build a double digit lead going into halftime in their 70-59 win at the BCAC.
Shardena Hudson and Destiny Phillips combined for 29 points for the Lady Plainsmen. However, as a team the Lady Plainsmen shot only 40% for the game, including connecting on just 9 of 27 shots in the first half.
The Lady Plainsmen got off to a fast start to build a 16-6 lead by the 14:12 mark in the first half.
However from that point, turnovers and cold shooting allowed the Apaches to finish the first half outscoring the Lady Plainsmen 35-9 to take a 41-25 lead into halftime.
The loss drops the Lady Plainsmen to 4-4 for the season.
The Lady Plainsmen return to the basketball court tonight hosting Lubbock Christian University JV beginning at 5:00 p.m.
FPC team stats: 2PT’S 19/42 for 45%, 3PT’s 3/13 for 23%, Total FG-21/45 for 40%, FT’s 12/19 for 63%, Total rebounds-31, Turnovers 31.