A kindling cooking stove was responsible for a fire occurring on Kiekbusch Street early Sunday morning.
The Borger Fire Department responded to a fire on the 100 block of Kiekbusch. Fire Marshal Jerry Langwell said the fire department was dispatched at 2:49 a.m. on Sunday, August 21, 2011.
“The fire had been caused by the kitchen stove being left on during the night, causing around $4,000 in damage to the home,” stated Langwell.
Two engine trucks and one ladder truck responded to the scene, getting the fire under control at 3:14.
Fire fighters and trucks left the scene at 4:06. No injuries occurred.