Officers from the Fritch Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire call late Sunday evening.
The call was in reference to a fire caused by a barbecue grill on the night of Father’s Day. The fire occurred around 11 p.m. in the 800 block of Hoyne St. in Fritch.
FVFD Deputy Chief Ronnie Morrison stated that the fire was taken care of around 2:30 a.m.
There were no injuries reported.
The fire consumed most of the homeowner’s back porch and the screen door, causing around $5,000 worth of property damage.
(PHOTO BY DON RICE)