Two jailed for sexual assault of five year old child

  Paul Thomas Corbin and his wife Terra Lashea Corbin, of Morse, have been jailed on charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault last week, after an investigation conducted by the Hutchinson County DA, Hutchinson County Sheriff’s Office, the Hansford County Sheriff’s Office, the Borger Police Department, and the Texas Rangers, according to a press release issued by Chief Deputy James Qualls of the Hutchinson County Sheriff’s Office.

   Deputies were informed of a possible sexual assault of a five year old child on March 8, 2014, said Qualls. After looking into the allegations, the investigating deputy contacted the Texas Rangers to assist with the case. 

Through further investigation, law enforcement discovered that Paul Thomas Corbin had “sexually assaulted the child and further caused other injuries,” said the release.  On March 14, warrants were issued and Paul Thomas Corbin has been arrested for Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child, a first degree felony, and Injury to a Child, a third degree felony. He is being held on a $500,000 bond.


 Law enforcement also learned that the child’s mother, Terra Lashea Corbin, knew of the injuries but told no one and did not seek medical attention for the child. Terra Corbin was arrested at the Gruver Dairy Queen where she works, said Hansford County Sheriff Tim Glass.


Kala Morrow, who works at the Gruver Dairy Queen with Terra Corbin, said that Corbin always struck her as “a pretty good person,” though she didn’t know Corbin outside of work.


 Morrow told reporters that on the day of the alleged assault, Corbin received a phone call while at work. She told the other Dairy Queen crew members that her husband had called and said that the child had fallen and had been injured by the toilet. Corbin left early from work that day and Morrow said “I thought she was taking the [child] to the doctor.”


She is being charged with Injury to a Child by Omission and is being held on a $50,000 bond, according to the release. 


The child was admitted to Baptist St. Anthony’s Hospital in Amarillo.