Skip to main content

Sunday fire caused by stove

August 23, 2011

A kindling cooking stove was responsible for a fire occurring on Kiekbusch Street early Sunday morning.
The Borger Fire Department responded to a fire on the 100 block of Kiekbusch. Fire Marshal Jerry Langwell said the fire department was dispatched at 2:49 a.m. on Sunday, August 21, 2011.
“The fire had been caused by the kitchen stove being left on during the night, causing around $4,000 in damage to the home,” stated Langwell.
Two engine trucks and one ladder truck responded to the scene, getting the fire under control at 3:14.
Fire fighters and trucks left the scene at 4:06. No injuries occurred.

The local martial arts team Black Dragon recently competed at NAGA event in Albuquerque, New Mexico...
The Frank Phillips College Rodeo Team will be heading to the College National Finals Rodeo June 14-...
The West Texas High Comanches baseball team advanced in the playoffs this past week beating Sundown...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes