Skip to main content

Sunday fire caused by stove

August 23, 2011

A kindling cooking stove was responsible for a fire occurring on Kiekbusch Street early Sunday morning.
The Borger Fire Department responded to a fire on the 100 block of Kiekbusch. Fire Marshal Jerry Langwell said the fire department was dispatched at 2:49 a.m. on Sunday, August 21, 2011.
“The fire had been caused by the kitchen stove being left on during the night, causing around $4,000 in damage to the home,” stated Langwell.
Two engine trucks and one ladder truck responded to the scene, getting the fire under control at 3:14.
Fire fighters and trucks left the scene at 4:06. No injuries occurred.

The Borger Bulldog boys and girls basketball teams received muliple awards this past week. See who...
The Frank Phillips Lady Plainsmen travel to Lubbock Sunday to play Western Texas in a one game...
The Frank Phillips mens basketball team finished up their season beating NMMI 82-72 on Thursday...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes