Caleb and Zach Lantelme of Stinnett were presented awards for bravery shown at the August 8, 2011, Stinnett City Council meeting.
On May 30, 2011, the brothers saved their younger brother, Michael, from a live electrical wire. At the time of the accident, Michael was helping his family put out hot spots from a grass fire.
The electrical line was supposed to be deactivated but was not.
When Michael picked up the line, he was electrocuted.
Stinnett EMS Director Tonia Eberhardt said, â€śThrough the grace of God his brothers were with him. It makes me a little emotional, because we donâ€™t get to do this that often.â€ť
The two brothers knocked him from the electrical line and started CPR on their brother and so resuscitated him.
It was stated that Zack learned CPR from the back of a medical card.
The brothers brought him to the Stinnett EMS, who then took Michael to Amarillo â€śand has had a wonderful outcome.â€ť
The Stinnett City Council issued a proclamation that May 30 is Zack and Caleb Lantelme Day.
The Stinnett EMS awarded plaques to the two brothers for their bravery and life saving efforts. Michael was awarded a plaque for his miraculous outcome.
â€ťThey are very, very lucky boys and we are proud of them!â€ť exclaimed Eberhardt.