A mobile home in Fritch burst into flames Thursday afternoon.â€¨
Around 11:57 a.m. on Thursday March 1, 2012, Fritch Fire Department received a call stating a structure was on fire.
Upon arrival, Fritch firefighters found a fully engulfed trailer house. The fire also ignited a truck and stared a grass fire. â€¨
According to Hutchinson County Fire Marshal, Danny Richards, the National Park Service responded with mutual aid and contained the grass fire while Fritch controlled the structure fire.
It was determined the fire was caused by a Coleman heater that was used to heat water. The heater caught a nearby combustible item on fire. There were no utilities in use at the home. Richards said the home and vehicle were a total loss. â€¨Officials are still in the process of determining the legal owner of the home and asks anyone with relevant information to who the owner is to contact him.
â€śHutchinson County is still under a burn ban and we ask that citizens take extra caution with activities that may cause a fire,â€ť he said.
The fire was contained at 2:15 p.m.