Home on Chaparral heavily damaged by fire
Early this morning a house on Chaparral burst into flames.The fire started around 7:50am, caused by a still burning stove that caught the attention of the occupant. Borger Fire Marshal Jerry Langwell stated that there were no injuries to the occupants, although a family pet was killed. The mother and her small child escaped the blaze and called the fire department. He also stated that there were about 14 fire Fighters on the scene with two engine trucks, one ladder truck, and two chief vehicles. The fire was contained in about 15 minutes and completely extinguished with in 30 minutes. The fire Department will be holding a prescribed burn behind the alley of Pinehurst about 10:15am. This will be a protected fire with about 40 fire fighters and 10 Trucks. Langwell stated that they are burning some of this area just to take precautions in case there happens to be a wild fire, so that they can possibly save some homes in that area.