A fire completely destroyed a mobile in the Lake Meredith Harbor area early Friday morning.
The home, which had an address of 135 Prairie Drive, was occupied by two adults, one of them being Birtie Herdwick, and five children.
The man of the house woke up at 4 a.m. and saw smoke inside the home. A fire was burning inside a closet in the home. He got his family out immediately.
The Fritch Fire Department and Fritch EMS responded to the scene around 4:17 a.m. The fire spread and engulfed the entire structure, which was a mobile home.
The home and its contents were a total loss, according to Hutchinson County Fire Marshal Danny Richards.
A car parked next to the structure was also lost, but there were no injuries to the occupants of the home or the firefighters on scene.
Richards said an investigation was done and a short was found in the wiring of the homeâ€™s electricity.
There was some damage to the adjacent neighborâ€™s home and fence, and a small grass fire started, but officials were able to get everything under control.
He said the occupants of the home had no insurance, and the estimated loss is $65,000.
The American Red Cross was also on scene to assist the family. The fire was under control by 6:45 a.m. Friday morning.