Borger firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire early Thursday morning.
At 6:55 a.m. yesterday, a house caught fire on the 700 block of Sixth Street.
According to Fire Chief Bob Watson of the Borger Fire Department, the fire was caused by a lit candle that was left unattended in the homeâ€™s bathroom.
â€śThe inside of the house was pretty much all ruined,â€ť he said.
Ten firefighters arrived at the scene with two trucks and contained the fire within 30 minutes.
No injuries were reported. Firefighters left the scene at 8:30 a.m.
With the Hutchinson County Relay For Life less than a month away, activities surrounding the event are in full swing!
On Saturday, May 19, the Bread of Life Ministries Kingdom Racers will have a barbecue fundraiser at the Borger Wal-Mart from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The St. Andrew United Methodist Church â€śHeavenlyâ€ť Cookies Team will be holding a â€śBowl-A-Ramaâ€ť fundraiser from 1-5 p.m. Sunday, May 20. The event will be held at Wildcatterâ€™s, 1501 South Main.