Skip to main content

Archive - Aug 23, 2011 - News Article

Date

Bill Strickland to speak at FPC

August 23, 2011

On Thursday, Frank Phillips College welcomes Mr. Bill Strickland, President and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corporation, to campus to share his inspirational story in a special program at 11:00 a.m. in the Borger Community Activity Center gymnasium.
Strickland, author of FPC’s 2010-11 Common Reading “Make the Impossible Possible,” founded the Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild (MCG) to bring arts education and mentorship to inner city youth in his hometown of Pittsburgh, Penn. when he was still in college.

Sunday fire caused by stove

August 23, 2011

A kindling cooking stove was responsible for a fire occurring on Kiekbusch Street early Sunday morning.
The Borger Fire Department responded to a fire on the 100 block of Kiekbusch. Fire Marshal Jerry Langwell said the fire department was dispatched at 2:49 a.m. on Sunday, August 21, 2011.
“The fire had been caused by the kitchen stove being left on during the night, causing around $4,000 in damage to the home,” stated Langwell.
Two engine trucks and one ladder truck responded to the scene, getting the fire under control at 3:14.

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes