On Thursday, Frank Phillips College welcomes Mr. Bill Strickland, President and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corporation, to campus to share his inspirational story in a special program at 11:00 a.m. in the Borger Community Activity Center gymnasium.
Strickland, author of FPCâ€™s 2010-11 Common Reading â€śMake the Impossible Possible,â€ť founded the Manchester Craftsmenâ€™s Guild (MCG) to bring arts education and mentorship to inner city youth in his hometown of Pittsburgh, Penn. when he was still in college.
A kindling cooking stove was responsible for a fire occurring on Kiekbusch Street early Sunday morning.
The Borger Fire Department responded to a fire on the 100 block of Kiekbusch. Fire Marshal Jerry Langwell said the fire department was dispatched at 2:49 a.m. on Sunday, August 21, 2011.
â€śThe fire had been caused by the kitchen stove being left on during the night, causing around $4,000 in damage to the home,â€ť stated Langwell.
Two engine trucks and one ladder truck responded to the scene, getting the fire under control at 3:14.