Archive - Aug 12, 2011
Leta Marilyn Kirk Hunter was born January 10 1922, in Bazaar, Kansas to Jesse Kingman Kirk and Hazel Marquette Kirk. During most of her childhood she lived with Mattie Kirk Jones in Cottonwood, Kansas. She graduated from Chase County Community High School in 1940 after which she attended Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas with a Bachelorâ€™s degree in science. Marilyn worked for a short time in Interior design with Robert Keithsâ€™ in Kansas City, Missouri. She married Lt. Earl S. Hunter in April 3, 1944. She traveled with Lt.
Services for Nancy Ball Campbell, 71, of Tyler, TX are scheduled for Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 2 p.m. at Tyler Memorial Funeral Home in Tyler, TX.
Mrs. Campbell was born January 21, 1940 in Borger, TX and passed away on August 10, 2011 in Tyler, TX at Hospice Home Place in Tyler.
Tomorrow morning, the Borger Bulldogs will line up against someone other than themselves, scrimmaging the Canadian Wildcats at Bulldog Stadium, starting with the junior varsity at 10:00 a.m. followed by the varsity at noon.
In TheOldCoach.com pre-season statewide rankings, Canadian is listed as the top ranked team in 1A Division I due to returning a good nucleus from their 13-1 state semi-finalist team.
On Tuesday, the Borger Lady Bulldogs endured a rough start to the 2011 volleyball season, losing in straight sets to Canyon and 2A #3 Bushland at Canyon High School.
In both matches, the Lady Bulldogs got off to slow starts but played better as the matches went on. Borger Head Volleyball Coach Michael Littlejohn believes nerves got the best of his team in both matches.
Sherry Vivian Traylor, 47, died Wednesday, August 10, 2011, in Fritch.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday at Grace Church in Borger with Associate Pastor Tim Hall of Grace and Pastor Bill Browning of Broadway Baptist Church of Fritch officiating. Interment will be in Westlawn Memorial Park under the direction of Minton/Chatwell Funeral Directors of Fritch.
Caleb and Zach Lantelme of Stinnett were presented awards for bravery shown at the August 8, 2011, Stinnett City Council meeting.
On May 30, 2011, the brothers saved their younger brother, Michael, from a live electrical wire. At the time of the accident, Michael was helping his family put out hot spots from a grass fire.
The electrical line was supposed to be deactivated but was not.
When Michael picked up the line, he was electrocuted.